Tuesday, 23 March 2010

And the craziness continues...

Brenda, Amy (and Emily) and myself getting ready for another exciting show....!






So, another update!! There hasn't been very many exciting or different things going on, but its probably worth updating anyway :-) The first thing is, i have literally failed to take photos this month/semester - i am going to have to attempt to remedy that soon (and i'm sure i will, as my parents are coming to visit in less than 2 weeks!) but, you know, one doesn't want to seem like a tourist, teehee! At the top of this entry is a picture of my (rather blurry) ASM/PA team (and Emily, one of the Stage Hands) who worked on Our Town! Apparently Dustin was incapeable of using the camera without making it blurry - it was most strange! Our Town has now finished - i spent approximately one evening mourning it being over, then I moved on, which is pretty good going!!! It was definitely an adventure - I was lucky to have the support of Colin during Tech Week, and between myself, Amy, Brenda and Colin we ended up doing extraordinarily well and being ahead of ourselves for the entire week :-D This was a small miracle, given the circumstances, but in the end it turned into a really good show, despite the impossible cue sequences (visual cues happening at the same time and exact sound effects and lights was fun...!) and tempremental furniture! I had a few issues to contend with, but nothing too major, and it all went delightfully smoothly! It was a nice 7 show run (longest run i have Stage Managed so far!) and i only got bored of the show over half way through the run, which is quite an achievement for the stage manager! Must say something (good) about the play! We went out for pizza after the final show, which was a nice parting-ways thing, although me and Amy were disappointed that Brenda didn't join us. It was a good show, but i am not particularly sad that it is over!
I started my next show, Sweetest Swing in Baseball (which i am ASM-ing) on the Tuesday after the Sunday of closing. Luckily, we were only in the prep week stage (lots of taping out the floor, organising things and making up my book) so nothing too strenuous, and i am looking forward to this new adventure in a professional theatre! We have the first proper intense day tomorrow (1.30pm-10.30pm... long day!) so I am kind of looking forward to that. I am looking forward to feeling settled in to this show, normally takes a couple of weeks. Also, embarrassingly, there will be costumed scene changes, which will involve me dressing in hospital scrubs. Oh the joy! I will try and provide pictures :-) We open on April 16th, so thats pretty soon!
At the moment we are on 'Spring Break' - this means all the lucky people with no commitements swan off home or on vacation, and people with stuff to do are left in a ghost town! Jess has gone to Miami, lucky thing, but i have rehearsals so i am here. I haven't been bored though - i have had three blissful free days to catch up on life - the important homework projects i need to work on, getting my hair cut (finally!), going grocery shopping and just pottering around. I met up with Janine today for hot chocolate/coffee, and to see a show (Kill the Rich! Kill the poor!) which was a good show and a lot less shocking than it was made out to be - i suppose us Brits like cutting edge/dark theatre! Now that today has finished, my next totally free day is May 8th.... dear god. It's going to be an intense few weeks, but hopefully i can hold it together and enjoy it before the wind-down towards the end (sob, sob).
After noticing i have basically no clothes as i have bought none since two tops and a pair of jeans in early September (!) me and Jess went to Mayfair (big shopping mall) and shopped for an afternoon! I bought two new tops, a pair of jeans and a pair of shoes, and then we went out for a massive Salad (delicious, but enough for about 4 people...each!) at The Cheesecake Factory which was wonderful! Meghan and me went out the following day and ate at Shiraz, which is a fantastic place with wonderful middle eastern food - I definitely want to go there again pretty soon! This month has been characterised by going out to eat: during show week, myself and Jess went to 'Noodles' for pasta and then to 'Coldstones' for ice cream yummmm, and then a few days later me, Jess, James and Jack visited Coldstones - it really does have the best ice cream in the world! We ate a lot of ice cream on show week too :-) Ice cream is the best food ever!
Internships wise.... not a whole lot of news! I have had two interviews now, but i am waiting to hear back from them both (they will call me either way) but one is a week late with their news now (apparently they really can't decide!) and the other one is meant to call me early this week... so hopefully that means tomorrow! I don't hold out a huge amount of hope, but i will be very sad if i don't get one (although i will accept it... one has to! it would probably save me a lot of money!) . We have booked our hotel for our LAS VEGAS!!!! trip in May (YAY Grand Canyon!), and I hope to see San Francisco after that before i go internshipping! If i don't manage to get an internship, i will probably go and (drag Jess :-P) to see Washington D.C and New York and then call it a year.... I can come back and travel a lot more when i am richer! The summer so far, when i get home, includes a trip to Italy/Spain with family, the 21st birthday celebration with bash and jess, and a tour of UK/Ireland to see Mallory and Sarah (canadians from Camp Beaumont yay!) (and maybe even a visit to Paris to see Alison, although i think our times my clash :-( ) so hopefully that is a good incentive to get home, and will make the transition easier - i even missed my jobs for a little while earlier today! I could live here forever and be happy... but i know that is not to be!
I think that is all to update you on for now! I hope you are all well and enjoying life :-) Spring and summer are definitely on their way, and everything is good. I am continuing to live life for the moment and i am trying not to be too dismayed by time going as quickly as it is!! This year has been everything that i have dreamed - it is still so surreal at times, and sometimes you think 'oh my god, i am actually IN America doing this stuff!' and have to have a reality check, but it is all wonderful. It is making me appreciate everyone and everything around me so much more. I am happy!
Ciao Ragazzi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment